View Single Post
      08-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
It still doesn't make sense. You don't see them preparing for the rear view camera regulation by adding them in for free do you?
In fact, that's exactly what they've done - they've added the backup camera from July 2017 (March 2017 for M4) even though the regulatory requirement does not take effect until May 2018. Furthermore, they've done it without adding a for-charge line-item (though they've adjusted pricing and packaging in other ways, no doubt finding a way to somehow pass the cost onto the customer).

Quote:
You can have the drive shaft designed/built and ready to go when it is needed while still installing the CF shafts.
Sure, but until you get it in the factory and install it on production units, you have no idea if there will be unforeseen issues.

Quote:
Sorry, I don't see how this isn't anything but cost cutting. It makes no logical sense.
It does to me. I am not saying there is no cost cutting anywhere in the picture here, but nothing they are doing seems outrightly contradictory to the story they have given.
Appreciate 0