01-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #231
Kyu
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It's no different than it has always been.
Is it ? didn't the m3s previously come standard in m suspension ? I don't remember it being optional,

Now the base m models are essentially a slightly tuned 335 w/ m package ( also no m suspension) but with a sportier hood and slight weight reduction from motor, aluminum parts.. Pistons.. Etc (not always a good thing for a high boosted block) explains why they're limiting the rev limiter to be less
And exterior lighter parts

I put my money on a base M3 vs a piggy back 335i will perform about on par, while saving money

It's not like before where the M3's came in a entirely different motor to give that M the bigger advantage (By a big margin) that excludes M3's reinforced chassis , better braking, differences in tires etc..

If u really want an base model with no options, probably be better to get a fully equipped 335

this time it looks like BMW made whatever made this car an "M" become Optional other than the bodykit/hood which is standard

Upcoming BMW's lost me on their best bang for buck price/performance ratio,
Their 5 Series look even worse

I'm an ///M at heart but I'm skipping this generation and see how their next generation will be like.

it's good to see they're looking at the market to make their tiers more affordable but with an M I find it odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Lets say you lease an M4/3 for 36 months with 10K miles your monthly payments would be about 900$ a month (using numbers from e93 M3 w/ 69K MSRP) and at lease end you will have the option of either 1) buying the car out or 2) turn the car in.

1) You finance the residual value of the car ~$40K and don't worry about the dealership charging you for the miles you went over from your agreement.

2) If turning the car in you end up with nothing and will get charged for going over mileage whereas buying the car out is kinda of like buying a 3 years old car that is actually yours (if that makes sense)

if you look at current used 3 year old e93/2 M3s with 30-40k miles most of them are priced around $50K which makes buying your car for ~$40K even more of a bargain

Why not just finance the car from the get go? By leasing your barely paying any interest and payments will be much lower freeing up your cash flow to invest or do whatever you want with your money.

Total money spent on a 3 year lease w/10k miles $2.5K down= $34,864
Total money over 3 years of financing with $2.5K down 2.9% APR= $45,556

Hope this helps

This is pretty close and should give a good idea,
the numbers won't be accurate but fairly close from what I saw at the dealers and how they broke it down for me.

For me it wasnt much of a difference, 1,100 a month for lease and 1,300-1360 for finance I forgot,
only advantage I had was I pay basically 2 years less of payments
so i put 20 and bought the car, with M's they hold their value pretty well, so I'd at least have a trade in for my next car, vs. Lease I am back to 0

Buy out after the difference was about the same I would've spent.
Made me feel like Lease to buyout was about the same just less monthly payments but a bigger payment at the end.

I think it'll vary by the person and his/her location

I hate our sales tax increase

Last edited by Kyu; 01-14-2014 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0