SEI
Second Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I'm sorry but if you think driving your 335i makes you smile more and less thrills than the GT-R, then you're not driving it properly or anywhere near its limits and the GT-R is not for you.

The M3 isn't anywhere near in the same league as the GT-R, which competes with the super cars of this world. The GT-R has lapped Nürburgring 9th fastest ever by a street legal car at 7:18 min. Here's a video of the GT-R against the Porsche 911 GT3 at Nürburgring 24h race. This car has ultimate respect within the racing community.

And if you think the GT-R is no thrill and easy to drive, again, you're not driving it properly and probably just driving to the shopping mall or something. Here's a video from Motor Trend pitting the GT-R against a Porsche Turbo 911S. Note where he says the Porsche has lighter steering and less involving and smoother, easier to drive; whereas the GT-R is more fun, like a soul trying to escape the car. The Porsche wins in a straight line drag (due to more hp and torque) but the GT-R makes it up in the twisties.

Anyhow... the bottom line as others have said is the M3 and GT-R are really very different cars and so it depends on your preferences. If you want to play and race with the big boys, it's the GT-R. If it's for mostly everyday driving to/from work or the supermarket and you want luxury, comfort and the brand name, then get the BMW.
im sorry but i lost respect for the gtr when i went sideways at 290km/h and with barely any effort the car straightened itself out.

im not saying the GTR is a shitty car but i dont have fun in it because no matter what happens i know the GTR is going to save me..
my whole point was the m3 is so much more fun then a GTR. if you want to impress people on how good "you" can drive then get a GTR.
i buy my cars to make me happy not to prove to people im fast or anything like that. so you are right the GTR is not for me.. i need a lunatic's car like an m3 or gt2.

you live in toronto so you should know how it is when it snows.. i was in the GTR on the 427. and when its snowing you should know they dont plough the very left lane. i was on that unploughed section going 180km/h and the car just twitches a little (yes at 200 it starts becoming unmanageable but at 180 the car feels completely stable and safe). i had my friend in the next lane doing 140 and he was struggling (to be fair he was on summers still).

on track the car is retarded as well.. you are incredibly fast... faster then almost everything. but its not you thats driving..

i got so frustrated to the point when i said fuck the warranty this isnt fun with traction controll on. so i switched it off. and guess what? no difference.. the car still behaves pretty much the same..

you dont belive me? go to touge.ca ask for kevin. if ur in toronto and track you should know him already. i was on winter tires in toronto motorsports park and raped everything... if anything that was the most fun i had in the gtr as there was barely any traction.

have you owned a gtr or just sat in? if you just sat in you wont get what im talking about because the first 4 mths of ownership you are still amazed at what this car can do. after that you realise its all just the car driving you..

and your comment about the twisties.. if forgot exactly where it was i think in orangeville or smth. me and my friends we having a crusie through small roads and it is incredibly hard to keep up with an e90 M3 through small tight roads.. same applies in singapore.. we had a cruise M3, GTR, LP 670SV, 335i. towards the end it ended up beaing M3 in the lead, GTR 2nd, 335i 3rd, LP670 went missing for a bit..

Big cars are hard around twisties. an example for you is this. try fighting a modded 2000 in dunville.. you will get raped.. try the same thing in shannonville and u will rape the s2000

Last edited by SEI; 03-11-2013 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0