View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 05:05 AM   #41
Dellort_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I'm sorry but if you think driving your 335i makes you smile more and less thrills than the GT-R, then you're not driving it properly or anywhere near its limits and the GT-R is not for you.

The M3 isn't anywhere near in the same league as the GT-R, which competes with the super cars of this world. The GT-R has lapped Nürburgring 9th fastest ever by a street legal car at 7:18 min. Here's a video of the GT-R against the Porsche 911 GT3 at Nürburgring 24h race. This car has ultimate respect within the racing community.

And if you think the GT-R is no thrill and easy to drive, again, you're not driving it properly and probably just driving to the shopping mall or something. Here's a video from Motor Trend pitting the GT-R against a Porsche Turbo 911S. Note where he says the Porsche has lighter steering and less involving and smoother, easier to drive; whereas the GT-R is more fun, like a soul trying to escape the car. The Porsche wins in a straight line drag (due to more hp and torque) but the GT-R makes it up in the twisties.

Anyhow... the bottom line as others have said is the M3 and GT-R are really very different cars and so it depends on your preferences. If you want to play and race with the big boys, it's the GT-R. If it's for mostly everyday driving to/from work or the supermarket and you want luxury, comfort and the brand name, then get the BMW.
lol you're trying to argue a statement by using youtube videos vs a guy that's had first hand experience and then end by saying it's personal preference. This makes no sense.

So after watching the motor trend video, do you believe the gtr is more fun to drive than the porsche? That's that guys personal preference, may not be the same to you, which is what sei is saying about the M3 vs gtr. I don't even know why you're trying to argue his post.
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red 6MT E92 M3 | Active Stage 2 w/Meth | KW Clubsport | OSS | Challenge Front Lip | Vorsteiner Type 2 Rear Diffuser and Bootlid | Brembo | Recaro | Akrapovic Slip-On | Challenge Race+ X-Pipe | Vossen CV3 | OEM 359M | TE37SL
Appreciate 0