GoGetGriff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetGriff View Post
I thought you were literally telling my story. I wanted Silverstone, was going to wait until the '16's come in, but my local dealer had only ONE M3. And it was YMB on SS interior. I took an uber to Lexus to look at the RC-F one last time and when I went to the lot to decide on which color, the managers car was sitting there. The Lexus manager drove an M4 in YMB.
I call BS on this. That BMW was probably owned by a prospective customer or external contractor or other specified approved purpose, but there's no way any manufacturer (or dealer owner) would allow one of their managers to drive a car of a direct competitor to work and park it on their premises for everyone to see.

I did contract work for one car manufacturer and if that happened, the offender will get a warning for first offense and told to immediately remove the car; and if it happens a 2nd time, you're a goner. There's nothing to stop the employee from owning another brand but don't bring it work.

And this unwritten rule is not limited to cars. I heard, for example, no Apple employee is allowed to own a Samsung phone or any product that competes with Apple and bring it to work. It not only makes sense, it's common sense.
You're probably totally right. But I do know they hired a new staff that EXACT weekend at Jim Falk Lexus of Santa Monica. And I have ZERO reason to lie about it. I'll never forget the dealers face, her name was Penelope. She has and Australian accent and she just went, "Oh gosh. That's beautiful.."
Appreciate 0