View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #19
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

I bought a BMW CPO that had CarFax disclosed accident before being CPO certified by the BMW dealer. They bought it cheap, I’m sure, at auction. It looked great and seemed fine mechanically, plus with the CPO (and less than 20k miles on it) I felt assured I could drive it to 100k miles without too much expense. The price they were asking was about 20% or so below comparable vehicles (same make, model, year, mileage).

Well I had some problems show up after a putting on some miles. CPO was critical to getting it all resolved - being still under the original warranty helped as well. The accident didn’t cause or have anything to do with the problems, but it did affect the value.

Before getting the issue resolved with the BMW dealer, I considered trading the car. One BMW dealer refused to make any offer for the car! The local other German car dealer offered me 30% below what I had paid just a few months earlier (and that was over 20% below comparable cars, recall). Point being, with that brand on the CarFax you had better be sure you are going to own it and drive it to get your money’s worth or be prepared to find few if any takers when you want to unload it.

Fortunately my issues were resolved to my satisfaction by the selling BMW dealer. I enjoy a great relationship with them, and have bought several cars from them, all of which helps.
Appreciate 1