07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #102
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The same logic applies to the 6 Series Gran Coupe and the 5 Series. It's the same relationship, only moved up the model 'ladder' -- the 4 series line will correspond to the 6 series line as the 3 series line does to the 5 series line.

So, you can also ask the same question of how a 6 Series Gran Coupe would not compete with a 5 series sedan and vice versa. If BMW decides to build it, we can assume their bean counters see a viable profit in it.
I see the 6GC taking sales from the 7er, not the 5er. Why even bother with a 7er when you can get the 6gc with the same features, comforts, and better looks.

I think a 3GT and 4GC are pointless vehicles just to confuse buyers. Should just keep it sedan/coupe/wagon. There is no need for a 4GC as what could they possibly do to make that more attractive to buy than a 3er. And if you were seriously looking at the 3GT, you should just buy an x1/3er wagon or step up to the x3.