View Single Post
      07-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #9
phear_me
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

[QUOTE=a burrito;16226151]The F8X cars are paving a way for some new tech to be added onto these vehicles. I wanted to see what the owners insights are for these new options. Usually when I'm reading these reviews all I really want to know is if X option is worth it or not and what they really think about it. Maybe this can be a way to saturate the popular but luxury items we all are wondering about as the M3/M4 climbs into a at minimum msrp+ 10k car to option out "decently."

FULL LEATHER OPTION $3,600

Worth it for most - but it's the first thing to chuck if you're on a budget given its price.

LED LIGHTING PACK $1,900

Worth it.

DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACK $1,900

50/50. I have it on mine, but only because it wasn't that expensive once I added the optional cameras without it. Thought it could make a difference and possibly save someone's life - ESPECIALLY if my g/f (a.k.a. "The Sassy Assassin") drives the car.

6 SPEED MANUAL OR DOUBLE CLUTCH $2,900

Total preference - but you get a statistically significant performance boost for the DCT. I chose DCT - and this is my first non-manual car in 15 years as I value performance over tradition.

ADAPTIVE M SUSP. - $1,000

Absolutely worth it. It's a superior system at a very small cost.
Appreciate 0