06-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #56
milhouse
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Is there a reason why the RS5 is the favorite punching bag of all the european journalists? Auto express has been hating on the RS5 since it first came out. To them if it can't slide then it's no fun. Put the M4 up against a C63 507 or an E92 and tell us something we don't already know
I was on the sales training in Istanbul now, we had the rs5, c63 limited edition and m3/m4. We only did full track driving with the m3 and m4. On the small track we had some fun with all the cars.

You probably understand that I work with BMW and that I like BMW. I have just gotten a deal on an m4 but I was close to buying a c4s also. So it isn't just Bmw, but almost...

Before the testdrive the c63 didn't give me anything, the design just doesn't do it. In Norway 80-90% of cabs are MB. I expected an old am car type of feeling with great sound.
Regarding the rs5 I expected a good car, but with Quattro and the engine pleased in front of the suspension I wasn't looking forward to the technical small test track. I like the design on the rs5, but still it is an Audi.

The BMW I had huge expectations for. And what can I say??
The car is the benchmark.

I was surprised by the handling of both mb and Audi. Greats cars but just don't good enough.
The MB is an old car compared to the other, no dct+++
If you are looking for greats sound so everybody at the boulevard looks at you. Go get it, but I know there is a better car out there for me(for much less money).
The rs5 is also a good car. Nothing wrong with it, just not great. Why do Audi I the dtm race cars with rwd, not Quattro...

The main difference between the Audi and the BMW for me was that when I drove the Audi it was fun and safe. The BMW was more a "beast". It was more than fun to drive, it was joy. It required that I was in to it and it sharpened me. Just what I want. It want be the next widowmaker, but a very good combination of a dd and a trackday car. Not a race car.
Appreciate 0