View Single Post
      01-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #57
M3Robby
Private
Rep
Drives: BSM/SS F80 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
I'm looking to buy BMW's winter wheel and tire setup which uses the 18'' 640M wheel and Continental Winter Contact tire (255/40/18) for ~$3,000 after tax with labor and storage included. However, I do not drive my M4 daily and I can actually take the CTA whenever I really need to get around (or cab). I would probably only drive my M4 when it is dry outside and not crazy cold (< 5F). Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to see if anyone else is in my position and what they are doing. Are you just keeping the summer tires on and using your car sparingly (not using at all) or did you also buy a winter setup?

At the end on the day the winter wheels can probably be resold at a decent price and the setup will actually extend the life of my summer tires but spending $3,000 of a new set is steep when I don't need my car in the winter.

Thoughts are appreciated.
I debated the same. Drove one day on a dry sunny day with temps in the low 20s and ordered the winter set-up the next day. Felt loose generally, and not a whole lot of fun to drive. Small price to pay to really enjoy the car thru the winter.
Appreciate 0