Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
LOL. Why would they need to "ditch" the M-DCT? It's good enough for the M5 & M6, and good enough for Ferrari.

The 8AT is great, but it ain't no M-DCT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
a

Ditch the M-DCT? What are you on? The M-DCT can snap shifts in I think 50-100ms(Someone correct me).That means there's less power loss and more power to the ground. You want a clunky 8 speed that gets confused and hunts for gears and can't make up it's mind, go get a IS-F. Stop with the smart ideas, bub.
Holy shit, I never said anything BAD about the DCT, I'm saying maybe BMW will go for something updated. Only referenced an 8-speed trans since the new 3 series is using one.

The M-DCT will be ~8 years old (according to the press release, we won't see the F80/F82 until 2016) so you need to think a little harder if you don't think there will be a better option out there.

E46 M3 had the SMG II --> E60 M5/M6 gets SMG III --> E9x M3 gets M-DCT --> F10 M5/M6 gets M-DCT

It's only natural the next M3 will get a new gearbox, that rips out faster shifts, is lighter & yields more HP from the flywheel to the wheels. Rated ///M, you probably would've been the same person who said that the M-DCT is stupid because it has 7 gears. Now you're ripping out stats on it: Whatever BMW does, the next M3 will deliver & demolish the E92.

Last edited by benzy89; 06-22-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0