Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 1M  [10.00]
2016 M4 GTS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
Guys,
What is happening with prices on this car? I just looked at a 300 mile black example with an asking price of $111K?? When looking at most advertising websites, these cars are hovering around more or less $100k. Then i get a call that a 600 mile car can possibly be had for high eighties!!! This sure seems to be ton of car for the money. The car is obviously very desirable to the true enthusiasts and M brand fans. I for one have had my fair share of M3s and an M4 not that long ago. I currently own an Alfa Guila Quad and I just took delivery of an 18 TTRS that I picked up in Ingolstadt. My favorite car is the next one I'm going after. Where do you all see the values at least stabilizing?? To current owners, does the car truly only shine on the track? Why did this car get such a bad rap? I can only conclude based on what I know that set up has a ton to do with these cars. Let me know your thoughts......Sparco
Ya. A lot of us are perplexed by this phenomenon that's seems to be limited to the USA. I own one and got it at msrp. It's certainly a unique car and not too flashy. Haven't tracked yet and put 2500 miles. I am still trying to feel the car and a bit scared of it with so much torque at low end. But then I am a slow learner, no rush. I also have a 1M which is great fun too but went through the same curve with me. It also dropped in value initially because it wasn't so "special" when it came out. Now it's going up in value. I think the gts will go through the same cycle particularly when the new Ms cone out with so much technology the GTS will look very analog in comparison and then go up in value. I think the USA gts market was hit by many local cars like mustang gt350 which are great cars for great value and local. Such cars in international market are considered exotic and might scare off buyers because of the service etc which is not the case in the USA because of familiarity. The gts is a local car in Europe and thus holds a safe and good value there. That's my take on the situation. Nonetheless, it's a great car and feels like a special occasion every time I start it and go for a drive, that is when I lose any regret for buying it. It's not confidence building to drive and that's why I like it, I feel you have to develop a relationship with it or "her/him"
Appreciate 1