instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post

My buddy has a 5-series and always bragged that it was faster than my 997 because of its recorded 0-60 time. I'm like dude... if I wanted to go to jail or die I'd show you how "fast" your heavy, slow 5 series is on a 15 mile race up the Merritt Parkway (a narrow, windy highway in southern CT). Or better yet, let's take both cars to a track day and spend a lot of money and new tires to prove a dumb argument lol
Put it another way, you claim your 997 is better in the canyons and at the track and since neither of you want to drive hard enough in the canyons or invest in track time, your claim will be hypothetical.

Whereas when you pull up to a light and floor it, you might lose or barely keep up. Either way, that sucks for you, because he can demonstrate his claim any time, while you can't.

You should bet him the cost of track entry fee and tires. That should put it to bed.

Or switch up to a big turbo 997.1TT or something else with so much firepower the issue is moot
Lol yep, right on. That's a good idea with the track cost bet! I like it.

But you're right on. Every day driving, and real world debates can really only be tested by slamming the gas.

And yes manufacturers are very smart. 0-60 marketing all day and it works.
Appreciate 1