Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Fantastic post and congratulations!

I admire your fortitude! Every time I have driven in Italy (particularly in the larger cities - Florence is the worst) I have been glad I was in a rental!! I'm very glad you completed your trip without any damage to your car!
Funny you say that lol. I was born in Europe, visited quite a few different places and I 100% agree Florence was the absolute scariest place even as a taxi passanger...

My story is like this short and sweet. We land in Florence, naturally we need a taxi to take us to the hotel, so there is a short ramp where "everyone stands in line" to get a cab...strange but whatever. Our turn comes up I flag the taxi guy right, yep he sees me starts to pull up, mind you there is some sort of 18-24 inch curb/wall at the taxi lot this guy cuts into the curb drags his whole right side of the bumper ripping of the rivets off his Lancia van lol, wife and I were like .
Him, nothing not a flinch, he slides open his sliding door seems like he shoves us in, tosses our luggage every wich way and after I tell him the adress it was F1 qualifying all the way to hotel Calzaiuoli.

ANd I bullshit you not, upon our travels in Florence, every car had a dent, scrape, gash or whatever form of bumper car damage comes in the Tuscany region.

I managed to find a diamond in the rough that didnt have much damge however it just happend to be a 1er.
Oh and that white Mr. Bean car thing lmao
Attached Images

Last edited by Jadar; 07-20-2014 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0