07-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
M8 JTD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d & 718 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
His comments on DCT make me more comfortable with my choice of the manual tranny.

And one does have to chuckle at the thought of Lups' Hornet being a baby diaper...
His inaccurate and poorly researched comments regarding the DCT gearbox particularly annoyed me.

“a seven-speed flappy-paddle gearbox that offers no creep. Unlike a standard automatic, the car won’t move until you put your foot on the accelerator. Which makes parking a jerky bloody nightmare.”
- Incorrect: The M4 does have the ability to creep – It’s called “Low Speed Assistant” and activated by one small tap on the accelerator.

“And while we are on the subject of the gearbox, I was forever being told by bongs and rude messages that I might not turn off the ignition until I had put the gearlever into Park. But as far as I could see, there was no Park. What you have to do to solve the problem is to slam the lever this way and that while swearing.”
- Incorrect: You don’t have to do anything other than switch off the ignition – The car is just warning you with a check control message that you have left the ignition on and that it will not auto engage park until you switch it off.
Previous Other: Caterham 620, Lotus Exige S, TVR Cerbera
Appreciate 0