06-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikster View Post
Well, I saw the email thread direct to BMW Canada, so I don't think it was dealer-specific. I ended up with Anthracite. I have that in my X6 and I don't mind it. I just wanted Piano black.

The dealer is Maranello. This will be our fourth BMW with them (one X5, two X6s, and now the M3.) So they gave me a great deal. I did go to other dealers as a sanity check, and also to see other colours. BMW Parkview has a APW M3, and a Austin Yellow M4 on display. Budds has one in SO and I think also in Yas Marina Blue but they didn't even bother sharpening their pencil.

BTW, Maranello has a black on black M3 on display, with Carbon fibre trim. They also have the M4 as the test car, also black on black.

M
If you dont mind my asking, how much under MSRP did you get it for? What was your spec?

I saw the black M3 on display...actually took some pics of it - I was there on Monday killing some time before a movie at Colosus. Not sure if I'm a fan of the black car with CF roof... it can look funny IMO when the sun catches it at some angles (such as this pic from another thread:

Cheers
2000 Silver Honda Prelude (sold)
Appreciate 0