View Single Post
      03-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #94
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post
That's interesting, I was just thinking that the M3 would look so much better from the rear if they had used an M4 'CSL style' trunk. I'm sure they had some reason and maybe its been stated already and I missed it. I can see your point though, maybe the flatness of the trunk top, on the M3, makes the flares look a little more prominent.
this thread is awesome thank u to those that contributed. awesome job

they did have a reason it was for aerodynamics. F80 didn't need it, its more aerodynamic than the F82 due to it's shape.

I mean the flares are there, its awesome. I think the WOW FLARES stand out reaction is even more evident due to the traditional truck. It is very E46 like.

[IMG]http://www.carsbykris.com/housefiles/KrisM3/********_Diffuser7.jpg[/IMG]

csl type trunk

imo at least, because looks are subjective, the rear fenders from the back view loose a little bit of that luster-- like the pokie look

and for the M3 lovers, here is imo, the best picture capturing the flares (got them from another member on here)

this is a bad f82 pic but imagine it w/ a m3 trunk, how much wider the rear fenders would look, the rear end looks really fat as it is, like a black chick wearing tights are the club

got to keep in mind things contributing to the aggressiveness of the M3- smaller wheel gap, a 4 door slimmer looking configuration w/ aggressive M fenders (very coupe like flare out), and imo the trunk. The regular 4 series has a mildly arched trunk compared to the more arched trunk of the M4, so that can also contribute to the lack of difference between the two.

Anyways, looks are always subjective. We are all going to be happy with our decisions at the end of the day, no matter what color or configuration we get. The anticipation is killing us, thats the problem!
Appreciate 0