View Single Post
      07-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #90
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
Lol, you would pass on a better car even if true?

I would say in general, the guys in PCA have way better car control skills than 95% (except for me) on this board.

I have club raced PCA since the 80s and have been a nationally certified instructor for them since the 90s. I would say generally the age is about 30/40s at track and club events and not any different than other clubs I have instructed for including BMW CCA, PBOC Racing (used to be heavy BMW), Audi, Chin and etc.

A lot of guys that I have raced with outside PCA Club have 911s as daily drivers (vastly more than M cars) even if they don't race Porsches including many of the Ferrari Challenge guys raced with up until a couple of years ago. Lol, don't under estimate us old guys cruising our 911s and thank God I have a full head of hair!
Better is very subjective. For my needs the F8x is much better. Obviously everyone is different.

I've always loved Porsche but could never jump on owning one for many reasons.

I know that not every person driving a Porsche is Geriatric it just seems that way. The cost of admission is the culprit. I am sure younger people with families and other responsibilities can't/shouldn't lay down $120-150K on an impractical sports car. Thats where the M3s/M4s come into play. You can have 75-80% of the fun (maybe more depending) for the half the cashola.

I was just messing around with my post. Not trying to offend.
Appreciate 0