View Single Post
      05-02-2024, 10:57 AM   #61
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.psd View Post
Shifts don't hold full boost on the DCT, no matter how you feel about it or how long a paragraph you type. The G80 is auto, holds full boost during shifts.

S55 feels better with 6MT. S65 feels better with DCT. I'm not sure how else to put this, but your opinion quite literally means nothing to me. And again, nobody cares if GT4, GTS and CS came with DCT. The CSL came with SMG and that was absolutely horrible.
Supporting data logs please showing the loss in boost and lag before boost builds in a DCT. How about any other objective source other than your own opinion stating/supporting what you say? In any f8x DCT I’ve driven in S2 or S3 immediately slips the rear tires as you upshift. It would not happen if I’m sitting there waiting for the boost to build because that would act like traction control. You’d think I’d really notice it if I switch between s65 to s55 to s65 if it’s so readily apparent with the s55 + DCT.

Great. I’m glad you like your s55 + 6MT but “feels better” to you is your subjective opinion. Please provide an objective source or quantitative data logs.
Appreciate 0