Thread: Hex Tune or BM3
View Single Post
      03-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #50
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
So funny to see all of the BM3 drones come out with those annoying avatars every time this type of thread comes out... so here I am for VF.

Another EXTREMELY satisfied VF Hex tune customer here.

I don't care what anyone says, I did my own research, compared the VF and BM3 offering, and I still find the VF tune offering superior to what BM3 offers. I consider myself sufficiently verse to not be sold on marketing alone and having personally been involved in 'custom' tuning on other platforms, I was not looking for that. I see the value in BM3, I really do. If data logging on public roads and going through iterations of tunes by someone remote and then hope your car is running solid afterwards is something that appeals to you, by all means, the BM3 is powerful there. The allure of an ESTABLISHED, well developed vendor with fantastic customer service is worth the MINOR price difference ($300 price difference on tuning for a car that touches $80K -- really people are complaining about that?). Furthermore, tuning has a lot to do with experience, and to take advantage of the BM3's custom tuning platform one needs to have access to a professional tuner who will likely charge hundreds of dollars an hour for their labor and dyno time, in fact making the BM3 more expensive by far. Other than that... sure go ahead and tinker with your car on your own... .

For me, the set and forget nature of what has been a rock solid tune over thousands of miles offering consistent and OEM-like power enhancements both on the street and track is more than enough for me to recommend the VF Hex offerings.

By the way, I don't care what BM3 says about their 'burbles' and the fact they are going to offer this adjustment by 'slider' or something in the future. Volume alone will not change the fact that their burbles sound like SHIT. The GTS acoustical features of the VF Hex tunes are BY FAR the absolute best of ANY offering today. You could argue that online videos don't do sound clips any justice.. but relatively speaking.. listen to the bottom videos and compare that to any online BM3 burble clips. NO THANKS.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 1