05-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #313
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I believe you. And that's impressive.

I have a friend that races professionally and when discussing the importance of weight loss in road cars I asked him if he could notice a 175-lb weight loss. He covered the differences between sprung and unsprung weight but ultimately said he couldn't feel the difference between a passenger and no passenger.

I used to race dirt bikes (back in the good old days of 2-stroke motors) as well but they're so much lighter that proportionally, 75 lbs of extra weight there is an entirely different story.

I honestly can't feel the difference between passenger and no-passenger either. Especially on the street. Like I said before, I'm sure (I'm certain) the numbers tell a different story.

But being able to really feel a tenth of a second worth of difference is truly impressive.
I'm not a racer, but I could easily tell a slight, but noticeable acceleration difference when I had a passenger in my E36, E46, and E90 M3s. A 175 pound passenger represents a 5% increase in weight. Most would notice a 5% change in HP (21 HP) or torque (20 lb-ft) as well.

The point being, the bigger your girlfriend, the worse it is.
Appreciate 0