Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CSinWisc View Post
So that front wheel gap: engineered that way for more suspension travel under braking for increased grip? Or, intentional so owners wouldn’t rip the front lip off leaving the dealership?

For myself, aesthetically that’s the only <very> small negative against this car, but it more than likely serves a purpose, so it isn’t something I’m going to even attempt to fix. Add to that, I’m lucky that I don’t scrape leaving my driveway in stock form, don’t want to push my luck.
The wheel gap doesn't make the car higher in front to clear driveways. It's the same ride height as in back, it's just the wheel well is literally bigger to allow for clearance of the wheel under braking.

Typically we lower the front more than the rear to make the wheel gap even. This actually gives the car a forward rake and affects the way the car handles, and not in a good way IMHO. One thing I have noticed is the lack of rear end stability under hard braking. I tuned this out by raising the front a little bit. You can also do this by adjusting compression in the front, rebound in the rear, or spring rates, but that is beyond the scope of lowering spring and a HAS setup. You would need a true coilover system for that.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
slcook541863.00