View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #141
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
I just can't get past the 4 name lol. That would be one car I would def debadge! It just doesnt look/sound right: 420i, 428i, 430i, 435i, 435d, M4....lol.
it is something that will come naturally. In essence the product speaks for itself.

Quote:
Also, Scott, I notice somewhere you posted a render of the 4er. Is the front end really similar to the 6 series? In my head I've pictured it as a F30 but with bolder headlights and they come at an angle like the shark-like front of the 6er. Am I right? BMW have a tough job for this new 4er coupe. Honestly, even a base 320i facelift model without m-sport looks really good.
It is not entirely in proportion but I can give you an idea of how the car will look. It is in form evolutionary from the E92. But uses that sportier edge from the 6er. The headlights flick upwards to join a three-dimensional kidney grille using the language from the F30 with the sporting raked back slant of the 6er.
The rear I would say mixes the 3er especially the edged surfaces on the L. But in a longer and thinner L. shape that reminds me of the L-Shape from the 5er Gran Turismo allbeit smaller and thinner but slopes downwards in that V-angle.
Attached Images