Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Audi S3/RS3 Sedan = AWD
Mercedes CLA AMG = AWD
Audi RS4/5 = AWD
Mercedes E/CLS AMG = AWD
Mercedes C63 next gen = ???
Porsche baby panamera (future) = AWD option

All the Germans are doing it, come on BMW, give me a M2GC or M4GC with AWD option.

I had a C63 for 3 years, and got by just fine in the winter with winter tires, but switched to a 335 xdrive this year and LOVE it (also with winter tires), so much more fun to drive in the winter than the C63 was because of the increased traction when accelerating and in turns.

I think BMW is going to be suprised to see how many potential buyers go to Mercedes because of their AWD offering. Audi has been stealing customers for years because of it. AMG, M, S/RS all make amazing vehichles, can't say the same for all their "normal" cars though.
I don't know how much of an effect it's going to have if you're going to compare M/AMG/Quattro(RS). If we were talking about base models, definitely but the performance models are already low volume anyway, I'm not sure it's going really change someone's mind. I'm not saying it won't persuade some people to leave the M5 for the E63 and RS6 but I just don't think it's going to have a large impact where it's going to force BMW to move to an xDrive M car sooner than they plan.

Looking at some of the people on this forum who are likely more of an enthusiast than the average joe, they would still pick the F10 M5 over the E63 AMG 4Matic when it comes out. If you have sales data comparing the RS 6 vs. both the E63 AMG and M5 showing the trend towards the RS6's Quattro setup, I take back everything I said.
Appreciate 0