View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 02:02 PM   #5
Vmohan5072
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
How many track events have you done? The worst possible thing you can do is record lap times and video as a beginner. Going to the track should not be about chasing lap times. It should be about learning the fundamentals and practicing them. With practice, speed and lower lap times will come. However, if you make it about lap times then you’ll never master the basic skills, especially being smooth, and you’ll in the best case hit a plateau, worst case I’ll leave that one up to you to figure out. Don’t judge your progress based on your times vs. other peoples’ times.
That is completely fair, I didn't want to do it to try to constantly chase lap times nor do I intend to really push myself to be competitive with other times by any measure, my intention was for fun and to be able to see myself grow over time without any fixation towards pushing myself during the event itself. Kind of like a before and after picture before a workout and diet plan you know?

I'm on event 3 and still focusing on learning and mastering the fundamentals slowly/smoothly and then building up on that. This was kind of a fun thing for myself to watch rather than trying to push myself past my personal limit, but if it's best to drop it then I have no problem dropping the idea for now, everything you said is fair
Appreciate 0