04-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #8
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
Hey Punjabi, how many miles have you driven the m3? you've given a review on both, but any updates on that since then?
I have 2k miles on the M3 now. I had the M performance suspension installed when I had the 1200 mile service done. Obviously, that made the ride "worse" in that the suspension is now around 10-15% stiffer than the stock ZCP setup. But the car looks soooo much better with the slight drop! I would say the stiffness now is similar to what the C63S was, but it still does not crash over large bumps like the C63S did. I am also happy to report that I do not have any noticeable squeaks or rattles like I did in the AMG. The DCT transmission in the M3 is also much smoother at slow speeds around town than the MCT transmission in the C63S; in the AMG, when crawling to or from a stop, the transmission would often cause the car to jerk very abruptly whereas on the M3 the DCT has not exhibited any such behavior. I will likely keep the M3 for three or four years up until the warranty expires. But I do think next time around I will be looking for a larger more comfortable car for cruising around town, likely an M5, Audi RS, or the new Panamera. I suppose I am just getting old, priorities change, and I have my R8 for my weekend car currently pushing over 800whp on pump gas.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 1