07-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #129
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieracer View Post
I saw this car covered with a tarp on May 21st when I visited the BMW facilities. It's right up front when you enter the museum. There was a man in a suit(30ish) guarding it so no one would take a peak under the tarp. I spoke with him a little and asked what it was, he wouldn't say. I then said, "it's the new M3 isn't it"? He just smiled and said he couldn't say anything. He said they were doing a private showing that evening and the official release would be in 2 - 3 months. I'm thinking it'll be released/announced around the Olympics since it's only 3 weeks away. They had the rim showing when I was there too. I was almost positive it was the M3 with that rim, and also the 275 tire. But, as someone mentioned it could be the F32, so who knows. I'm hoping it'll be the new M3. After I did the museum tour and I stopped and talked with him some more, but he wouldn't say anything, only smile after I mentioned the M3.... ???
Nice to hear!

One important question as you are one who see it in real ... according to all spypic we have seen, the F32 4er and the F82 M4 would get an greenhouse in fastback style ... would you say the back of the car under the tarp has this style or was it more an limo greenhouse like the F30 ... if it was the second alternative than it could be really the F80 M3.

One in an other forum quotes that it was no 2 on the strip, but an Z ... so there was written FIZ - standing for BMW Group Forschungs- und InnovationsZentrum - instead of F82.
Appreciate 0