08-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #18
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matze328 View Post
Anyone else who thinks that it looks like LEDīs at 1:21?
Nah, the turn signals are incandescent. BMW pulled this nonsense before when the LCI E46 M3 went from LED tail lamps to non-LED with the pre-LCI E92. Now the LCI E9XM is going from LED tail lamps back to non-LED with the pre-LCI F80. It's a MY14 car that has old tech than a MY04 car. Why does BMW feel the need to continue this trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
That is one seriously throaty exhaust.

BTW, when he pulls forward from the car wash, the dip in rpms sounds to me like he's driving a car with a manual transmission. Might be of interest to those concerned that the F80 wouldn't offer a manual.
The prototype has been photographed with a manual transmission before. This is nothing new, and the rumor that the F80 won't come with a manual transmission is unfounded.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0