05-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #16
Xelloss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
Thanks Uli ... I know why I no longer buy the AudiBlöd!
Every week there are other "facts" in it and on and sold as if it were 100% sure ...
That may be the common tabloid readers might not notice particularly, but any halfway normal thinking person is suspicious ...
But once the M3 (F80) itself:

Release Date
The F80 is almost finished. In principle, it could in the spring of 2013 go on sale ...
Here, however, the Board has been vetoed and set the presentation at Geneva 2014th Background of that E92 and E93 further build-up and fall 2013 are available as M3 is!
The fear is that any more, "the old oldies" buy when the new M3 is available on the market ...

Engine
There were a variety of ideas and a few prototypes with different engines. Ultimately, unfortunately, the 3.0-liter R6-made ​​and based on the N55, the race as you have correctly said: For reasons of cost!
However, according to (not the idiot Audi) real insider info - changed about 75% of all parts of the engine.
Particular attention is probably on a revised firing order to improve the responsiveness of the turbos. Therefore, a different crankshaft ...
In addition, connecting rods and pistons lightened significantly in order to let the engine revving faster and easier ....
Someone told me of a comparison between M5 (F10), M3 (F80) and M3 (E92) on the highway at the end of 100-km/h-Begrenzung!
All three at the same time accelerating out ...
While the F80 and F10 in the same flight disappeared over the horizon, the reporter thought he would have with his E92 M3, just a better walker ...
In this respect it is hoped that the M3 truly dynamically along with the M5 at eye height is ... and I was impressed itself on a test drive with the M5-F10, as the dynamic pushes along ...
Therefore you are the tale of 420 hp safely forget ... According to insiders put 450 hp

Weight
Again, the Audi stupid again reported only superficial knowledge-not surprisingly
In fact, once the initial target of -200 kg compared to the series-335i-F30. But here are business principles and somi was found probably at about 150 kg of the break-even point.
This seems to be assumed to be about 1,450 kg of curb weight ... which is still respectable, because both E90 M3 (at least 1,600 kg), C63 (1.700 Kg) and the next RS4 (approx. 1780 kg) are significantly serious and should not be dynamically along faster with more power ...
But as for the transverse dynamics is expected, the F80 play in a league of its own ...

Personal Conclusion
We hear very little now, and if so, tell five people 10 different stories.
Also, I was more than burnt, as I read of a "pimped-series engine" alone is heard ... the battle cries of gechippten be a 335er spoil the fun of belonging in some respects ...
Also I like the politics of the extreme EBIT maximization does not clean! But you have to keep the M-GmbH good that they finally worked to cover costs ...
At the end it is only the general impression ... and it will be the M3 must be judged ...

It's like every time a new M3 is:
There is wild speculation, and long before the more details come to light, becomes all the more whined, bitched and nagging ...
Just before the presentation will be the "iconic M3" totgeredet and sentenced to die ... because the predecessor was so good and yes unbeaten in all aspects ...
All these theories are then supported in the presentation and in the first few weeks because the new has become soooo bad and boring ...
But no sooner have the first of the new and the first comparison appear in print and visual media, is suddenly the new M3 is the best ever and it has never doubted anyone

I don't care for the name change anymore; I care about the heart and with all the debate for a V6, this post by known insider Kueks brings some solace to my mind (if it is indeed true). There are times when heritage and tradition impede development and when it matters. This is the case where maintaining the I6/R6 development is of the utmost for BMW and for us who have stayed true to them for years.

"I feel the need...

...the need for speed!"
Appreciate 0