09-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #37
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
Ok I do not want to question your confidence, but I have 2 E92 M3's, and 2015 M4. My one e92 is heavily modded(never had a refusal). The other is a 2013 and has full exhaust, underdrive pulley and 8600rpm tune. The 2013 stared throwing code/limp mode a month ago and it went to the dealer. They first tried a ICV, no luck. Then they opened a PUMA case and got authorized to install a Throttle actuator, no luck. Then was escalated to BMW AG and authorized a DME replacement(that they knew had a tune in it). So it may not be so simple, but some are. So I will let you know how my experience goes when my downpipes go on my M4 next week.
It's not my confidence I am worried about. It's the "what if" factor I concern myself with. Which dealership do you deal with? What I was referring it is when BMW Canada or NA sends a technician out to look at the car. They are not as forgiving as certain dealerships. I doubt BMW Canada would warranty your 2013 given its mods. So, it's more a case of you being lucky, hence the exception, rather than the rule. I say this because I don't want to mislead people on the forum. Once you start doing mods that alter the drive line, its "doing it at your own risk".
Appreciate 0