05-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #92
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
One problem what would arise if they would come out with an inline-6 3.0-liter bi-turbo engine would be, what an incentive to upgrade do the current 335i owners have ? Personally I would love a 3-liter engine because it is the cutoff displacement for high taxes, at least where I live. But if it would only have like 440hp, this is achievable right now with $3000 upgraded turbos on the N54 engine, or even pushing the stock turbos.

So they will probably need the 3rd "electrical" turbocharger or maybe even some electrical hybrid tech to really bring something new and enticing to the market.
LSD.

M suspension.

M-tuned/M-designed engine (the N54 in the 1M and Z35is is a preview of M-Tuning. This will be a 'S' designation engine designed and built by M.

Lighter.

M Dynamic Mode(s).

7-speed manual (Yeah, I just made that up, but why should Porsche have all the fun?)
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0