Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I havent noticed the oil draining any faster than other cars I have owned. And it only holds 6.5L.

Also BMW branded oil is usually $7-9/L at the dealership which I dont think is expensive at all and probably in line with most other car brands. Additionally, you can buy LL-01 certified oil in 5qt jugs at walmart for around $26. Pretty inexpensive if you ask me
Check out this video:

The oil drained from my car in a similar fashion. The volume of oil coming out is significantly higher compared to other vehicles for which I've changed motor oil. Perhaps your experience differs. I don't understand your comment about the oil capacity in relation to what I'm saying.

This is the first time I've purchased dealership/manufacturer oil, which was around $8.50/L (after discount). If this is the same as what other dealers sell their oil for, then oil from dealers are just expensive (as are all OEM parts). All dealers selling their oil for a similar price does not mean the oil is not expensive. Consider the fact that Mobil 1 (which I typically use for in my vehicles) can be purchased for much less (especially when there are sales/promos occurring).

Buying LL-01 certified oil from Walmart is not purchasing it from the dealer, so my comment doesn't apply to such a scenario.
You mentioned the oil draining at a great volume so I said the engine only holds 6.5L, the volume of oil.

I guess it's all relative but even at $8.50/L I don't think $60 is that much money for an M car oil change. Also, you didn't specify where you bought the oil so I mentioned that you can get BMW spec oil at places other than the dealership for significantly less money. Just trying to help out.
Appreciate 0