11-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta2004m3 View Post
You meant 560hp, right?

What current m5 competitors are above 560hp? Help me with that one....that you can purchase in North America....

Finally, how's the current M3 horsepower deficit hurting it's standing as a class leader? Not always about the horsepower mate, gearing, handling, etc....just looking at a number on paper isn't a good way to buy a car and certainly a terrible way to design and build them. Here's hoping they continue down the path they have been going over recent years, performance-wise, as it has yet to truly disappoint. Now, weight-wise, size-wise, esthetics/design-wise, debate can be raised on whether that path has been or will be successful.
You are missing my point and clearly did not read. Its not hurting its "standing" necessarily around a track but what about ALSO being the fastest in a straight line? To be honest I am a bit tired of the bimmer always lagging behind in straight line speed, usually to the mercs. My point is, especially with turbos, they do not have to give up the other things they excel at AND make the fastest straight line car. Why can't you have both? No reason with turbo motors now for bmw.
Appreciate 0