View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB

7/11 - Neuschwanstein Castle

Today I left Munich and drove to Neuschwanstein Castle. For those who are going here for the tour, here are some tips:

(1) Reserve your tickets on their website. http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisc...ist/admiss.htm Seriously, don't even bothering showing up if you didn't pre-purchase. The ticket line is ridiculously long if you don't. With the reserved tickets, you can take the special reservation line which had no one in it.

(2) Arrive at least 30 minutes before you need to pick up your tickets. The bus that takes you up to the castle doesn't run very often so if you miss it, you'll have to hike up hill (20-30 min walk).

(3) Parking is at the base of the castle. You'll see a big sign that says Castle with parking.

Here are a couple pictures I took of the car, the rest were all scenery photos:

7/12 - Trip to Bormio, Italy

Woke up bright and early in Innsbruck and decided to head out to Silvretta Pass. First stop was a Shell gas station for her first tank off gas. Of course coming from Los Angeles, the first thing I notice is the 100 octane fuel @ $1.60/liter ($6.06/gal). I figure why not right?

Couple notes about their gas stations:

(1) You pump first and then pay after. This totally wouldn’t fly in the larger cities in LA. You’d have people stealing gas all the time.

(2) The gas pumps are super high up I wonder how short people reach them (sorry no picture maybe later).

Now off to Silvretta Pass. The pass is a toll road with an entrance fee of 15 euros that is good for the entire day. Excited and nervous, I turned on the GoPro and drove ahead. Unfortunately, the clouds did not cooperate and the roads were wet making the drive tenuous and lackluster. It took roughly 30 minutes to reach the bottom and by that time I was starving. My sister and I ended up at Kuntafuner Stobli.

Having just recovered from food poisoning, I was eager to have a real meal; too bad the menu was not in English.

Oh well, I’ll just find words that might be recognizable like Wienerschnitzel and pommes-frites —- hot dog and fries right? Nope I was wrong but it was still pretty good.

I almost decided to take the bigger roads to my next destination instead of going through Silvretta again, but the clouds looked better so I figured why not I already paid the 15 euros. I’m glad I did. Here are some stunning photos of my car and more.

Here are pictures taken from the GoPro (10 sec interval pictures).

Done with Silvretta Pass, I set my GPS to Bormio, Italy. And this would begin an interesting drive…

Last edited by acuteperformance; 07-12-2014 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0