View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #305
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Just as the M3/M4 features a heavily reworked N55 it also carries over the latest M-DCT from the M5/M6 allbeit in a re-altered form in order to be more compatable with the M3/M4 so that quicker shifts suit the more performance orientated M3/M4. A manual will be available also.

The same package will feature on the X4M model but a manual transmission will not be available as there is no market for a manual M SAV.

The 1M was not a volume model as the M3 it was exclusive. ignore the fact that more M3 were sold than 1M because it did not matter the 1M was an exclusive option you either wanted or you didn't and 7,000 global customers wanted one.

The 1M promised everything that was expected of it and the lucky ones that got behind the wheel (including myself) still enjoy that overall character and that the car was an M and of course well received than it's nearest rival the Audi RS 3 which promised much but like all Audi's failed in the most important factors.

For those that say the car was not a true M. Have never got behind the wheel because myself and 7,000 others say differently.
FYI in most of BMW M's markets the M3 is even outsold by the X6M.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 09-19-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0