View Single Post
      06-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Looks gorgeous Ilia. Any pictures of LM-R's on the car? Those are some of my favorite BBS wheels. Thanks for sharing!
The LM-R wheels we had on hand were not sized appropriately for the F80, but we have another F80 coming on Friday. I will install the LM-R wheel and at least take a side shot so we can all admire them on the F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
*Subscribed*
We'll post more updates ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accce View Post
What offset would you recommend for an M4 19" f1 wheels front and back?
BBS FI wheels are currently built in one offset in the 19" BMW application, but we are working directly with BBS now to create offsets specific to the F80 and F82 chassis cars. The current FI offsets are too aggressive, so we will work hard to create the appropriately sized wheels as soon as we can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
This is going to be a great resource, thanks for doing this!
Thank you for your kind words! We are so excited about the new cars, I just feel privileged to be able to dive in and learn about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
Ilia, by how much was the 20" FI too agressive? Did it poke?
Since a 10,5 ET 35 would be perfect, I can't really imagine those 7mm being that big of an issue?
I believe that with a smaller tire, the 20" FI could have worked, but our 295/30 tire did require a higher offset wheel. The FI poked by about 7-8mm with the 295 installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
The Fi looks really good. Would love to see some 20" LMs
Thanks! I stopped in my tracks also when I saw the FIs installed on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Thanks for all of your help in ordering our M3 and M4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
Will the front 9.5 wheels with +22 offset be okay?
I ordered 9.5 +22 front and +35 10.5 rear.
Still didn't decide about the tire size. The CUP2 doesn't have the 275/30 size, so if I go with 295/30 rear wheat should I install at the front? Will thw 265?35 be okay? Or I'd better use the stock wheel size?

Tnx.
The +22 offset will be aggressive, but will work. We had the RE spaced to a +27 and still had some mm to go before the wheels were too flush. You should be in good shape. I'll respond back to your tire questions in the other thread. Also don't hesitate to PM me with any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie1 View Post
A little off topic, but what is the purpose of that bent up thin metal piece behind the rotor? It's a huge eye sore on the standard brake.
As stated by Floridagator, those are splash shields- not needed on a track car, but important for BMW as an OE manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagator View Post
It's a splash shield, found on nearly every passenger car on the road.

Contaminants splashed on the inboard brake plate of the disc are a source of brake roughness, which drives warranty claims for the manufacturer. The presence of the shield helps this a lot.

Of course it's not what you want for heat dissipation, but these are road cars first and track cars second.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Those FI's!
I felt the same way... what an incredible wheel.