Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
IMHO this thing sounds better than the current M3. The V8 M3 sounds to much like a Corvette or modern Mustang. It's in no way a bad sound, but it's not the traditional BMW M3 soundtrack.
Exactly. People around here don't seem to have much knowledge of or love for BMW heritage. They all have their E92's and act like nothing existed before it. The E9X is the aberration, and going back to 6 cylinders is going back to the way it has always been.

Ehh - you mean a stroked I4? Progress progress - nothing is dogmatic. I'm stoked for this car and will evaluate it on its completed merits.

To the guy that said the S65 sounds like a mustang ... Perhaps they do at idle...but how many mustangs rev to 8400rpm?

I think we can all agree that the S65 and S55 are/will be engineering marvels and will of course make they're owners very happy.

Having owned a tuned 335i and now an M3, I can see the merits of both approaches: torquey, turbos with neck snapping, if not linear, delivery are a lot fun and the turbine-like power of a high revving, hyper-sensitive all aluminum V8 is intoxicating WHEN you can open it up.
Appreciate 0