Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Pumped they've brought back the inline 6 to maintain the balance & handling characteristics thats made the 3-series (especially the Ms) infamous.

Really hoping to see a 3.3/3.5 L, twin turbo'd bomb shoved under the hood, pushing out a healthy balanced 450 HP/TQ bomb of an engine. Be interesting to see if they...
  • Ditch the 7 speed DCT for something more "updated" (Upgraded 8-speed ZF?)
  • Offer the carbon ceramic breaks
  • Ditch electronic steering for something more direct

Bottom line: Ditch the whole 4-Series marketing ploy & keep the 3 series + M3 moniker. That car is BMWs bread & butter

///M3
Ditch the M-DCT? What are you on? The M-DCT can snap shifts in I think 50-100ms(Someone correct me).That means there's less power loss and more power to the ground. You want a clunky 8 speed that gets confused and hunts for gears and can't make up it's mind, go get a IS-F. Stop with the smart ideas, bub.
Relax man. We have both double clutch and 8 speed cars. While double clutches great for a sports car it is cumbersome in town for normal driving and the first gear take up in manual mode is very jerky. I prefer zf 8 speed for a luxury car. For a sports car double clutch is a great setup ESP at higher speeds in excess of 40 kmph. Double clutch def shifts fast and the engine braking feels like A manual car.
Appreciate 0