Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
At the end of the day, the G8X is simply a better car in every regard when it comes to the act of driving. But I cannot fault you for moving back to the F, and I picked the E9X as the winner in that test.
Well... at the real end of the day, the G8x is a faster car, more power more stable at the limit. It's also heavier with more road isolation. Outside of 0-60 and lap times, the G8x is not the most fun to drive. Chris Harris is one of the most respected car journalists among car enthusiasts and looking at the 2 videos below when he's driving the F80, he's having a blast using adjectives like "stupendous." But when he's driving the G80, he likes it but there's no emotion and you can clearly tell the difference in the fun factor he's getting from both cars.

So, I don't agree with the assertion that "the G8X is simply a better car in every regard." From a driving perspective, it's better in some areas (like speed/power) but not in other area (like fun to drive), and from my view it's clearly not better from a looks perspective.
Fun is also subjective. Having owned and tracked 2 F80's already, the G82 offers a new experience and new challenges to in learning a new car. Not to say the F80 wasn't fun, but I'm really enjoying the G82 and having more fun than I was a year ago in my F80. I also think the new bold look is more fun to photograph and look at, if not maybe because it's so polarizing and new. But that's just my opinion.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82

Last edited by jmg; 06-21-2022 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 2