View Single Post
      06-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #90
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
Where are you cornering at 130/155mph on street tires?
It's a long sweeper so not a true corner like you're thinking of (sorry if that was misleading). I used to race formula cars for fun and used to have a scca and asa comp license so I assure you my statement is factual. It was precisely at that moment when I was going 155mph (electronic speed limited) on a long sweeper in a stock S4 (minus lightweight wheels/upgraded brakes) that I became a BIG fan of Audi and the quattro torque vectoring system. I literally remember screaming in astonishment for a good 10 mins at what a set of Michelin PSSs + Quattro could do.

That's why I always say BMWs will amaze you with their ability to slip but Audis will amaze you with their ability to grip. And it's not something you'll really notice until you've had enough time to build trust with the car. So I can understand why so many ppl on here have a hard time believing Audis are awesome because when I first had the S4 (after owning a e92 M) I sort of hated it until I realized that I could corner at speeds I never imagined were possible. I actually am still building that trust with the RS5 now but at least it sounds delicious. My M4 arrives in August. We shall see if she can tear me back to BMW
Appreciate 0