JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Weighed: F80 basic stripper configuration - 3,450 pounds

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all,

I've just come back from weighing my vehicle. Before you read on, know the context of these results.

Equipment of Vehicle
The vehicle is a 2015 f80 m3 with no options except m-adaptive suspension. That means 18" wheels, 6 manual trans, etc.

Carbon fiber roof

Fuel

The tank had 3 gallons in it INCLUDING THE RESERVE at the time of weighing. This was confirmed by filling up AFTER the weigh in and putting in 12.89 gallons.

Miscellaneous Items in Car

I removed everything from the vehicle not physically screwed down. No manual, no extra quart of oil in the trunk, no trunk net, etc.

Weight: 3,450 pounds

This was weighed at a scrap yard that charged me $4 to weigh the car. However, their scales are inspected and verified down to a narrow range because people are getting paid by the pound.

The scale read-out was, unfortunately, a type of readout that does not take photos well - it constantly flickered on my iPhone so I couldn't grab the full readout in any one phot. Here's the best verification I can offer showing the -50 pound ending: '

For comparison purposes, EAS weighed an M3 and M4 with much higher levels of equipment and with either an empty or full tank:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1003735

Comments/questions welcome