View Single Post
      03-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #44
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There is evidence out there to support the new look of the Coupe , it is not a 2dr Sedan. The roofline is clearly evident in the spy photographs showing something that is sleek and more dynamic in profile.
Because of the highly charged designation new direction which you will hear more about soon. It is designed to reflect that , although it keeps that family bloodline , the appearance somewhat differs.
Thank you SCOTT.

I don't understand these artist renderings. It is baffling they are asking us to take this sh*t seriously. And this one is perhaps the worst ever.

So let me get this straight - you take the current generation coupe, graft on the front end from the new sedan and you call *that* your next generation M3/M4 coupe? Yeah, because we all know that the E92 M3 looks exactly like - identically! - an E46 with an 2005 E90 325i front end stuck on. It's perfect deduction and an amazing formula for nailing down the looks of future BMWs! Genius!

As for the engine, well, maybe it will be a 3L V6, but you don't have to be a genius to immediately point out the blatant flaws in their justification for it. A 3L I6 will clearly fit just fine in the F3x chassis, and furthermore we've had a twin turbo I6 in the engine bay of the E9x 3 series so there's not going to be fitment issues with a TT I6 in the new chassis either.

Hey that doesn't mean they didn't have some other reasons for going with a V6 instead of the I6 that they have invested *100s of millions of dollars* in over the last three-plus decades.
Appreciate 0