02-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #221
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig
I did the math for my own case with buying out my car after my lease ends, including tires, maintenance, warranty, and payment, I actually end up paying $200 more a month now for another 5 years. If I financed the car initially maybe not such a big deal and I agree maybe this case is a bit extreme as in my time I got extremely good residuals (64%), but again i was talking about my own situation. It will take me at least 1.5 years to build any equity in the car and after 8 full years of ownership (and no warranty), the car will be worth 25-30k. Yes if I wait that long, It wont be more expensive, but if I wait for another year or two, I'll be flat if I sell the car and get into a new M3.

The problem with leasing is this, you have to keep leasing cars.
I was merely pointing out that your "facts" on ownership length for US vs UK was not only inaccurate, it was exactly the opposite of what you claimed... And when you post stuff like that you come across as someone who thinks that you know better about ownership in Europe than we do ourselves... As well as implying that in Europe we aren't as well off and have to keep our cars longer... Which would have been unpolite to say if it was true and just ridiculous when in fact it seems to be just the opposite that is the case!!!

Stop posting stuff that goes against readily available facts, and you won't be corrected all the time
Appreciate 0