View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Talking Fire and Ice (Fire Orange E90 M3 vs. Yas Marina Blue F80 M3)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Got to see the f80M in YMB finally today. Before seeing the YMB color I was a little skeptical of the color based off the pics that I had seen. When I finally got to see it in person I was actually pretty impressed. I loved it! As time went on and I stared at it longer it grew more and more on me. I was able to see the color in direct sunlight and in the shade. The color is a light blue with grey flake metallic in it. Def a eye catcher.

I won't go into to much more detail bc everyone has posted everything about everything already but I can say the exhaust was actually pretty decent if not impressive. The econo mode is quite yes but the sport plus sounds great. Def would get you noticed. Talking to the rep who happens to be a good friend of mine and also comes from a aftermarket tuner background (trust me take my word for it, actually sold me my first set of rims way back in the day lol) noted to me that the performance exhaust (which should be available close to xmas time) is twice as loud as the stock exhaust and with that in mind I am blown away!! it must be insanely loud! He said it sounded ridiculous which coming from him makes me very excited!

David was able to snag a bunch more pics as well and as soon as I get those from him I will post them up as well.

So a couple cool facts I learned today which although I'm sure have already been read but for me was new.

1. the steering wheel is made out of magnesium
2. The battery is a lithium battery which is 28lbs lighter then previous model
3. this is also the first M car that is lighter then its predecessor
4. The seats are not ventilated they are just for looks
5. the leather stitching will match the color of the interior you pick. Example if you go with SO you will have SO stitching
6. No center arm rest for the rear seats to save on weight
7. when you lock and unlock the doors the interior lights have a blueish tint to them then turn standard yellow/white after a few moments
8. the rear stock muffler tips are cut at a slant to give the car better rear clearance when going down slopes
9. the electric steering was tested against Porsche until they felt it was superior to theirs in every aspect. So yea it's that good!
10. the exhaust note run through the cabin is in fact from a microphone in the engine bay

Another pretty cool fact was that a sales rep can instantly activate "on the lot demo service" of the sirius satellite radio full service so the customer (you all) can demo it on the lot or during the test drives. When this demo is activated not only is it the full version but it doesn't count towards the trial period timeline for whoever the end user becomes.

Not only does this give the buyer a chance to demo the full set up, but it allows the transition of setting up of the sirius for the customer a instant process now.

No longer does a rep or a customer have to call sirius and talk to a operator and go through the painless process of setting up the account. Its instantly transferred to the end user in 1-2 minute process.

for those of us who have dealt with sirius this is a HUGE time saver.

All in all I was very impressed with this car and am very excited to get my hands on one and actually drive it!

Anywho Enjoy

Specs comparison (from BIMMERPOST F80 M3 vs E90 M3 comparison thread)

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 8.08.54 AM.jpg
Views: 24920
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-1.jpg
Views: 25974
Size:  350.3 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-2.jpg
Views: 28914
Size:  272.2 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-3.jpg
Views: 29820
Size:  297.7 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-4.jpg
Views: 27103
Size:  285.9 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-5.jpg
Views: 29363
Size:  309.7 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-6.jpg
Views: 26576
Size:  334.1 KB

Name:  f80m3-e90m3-7.jpg
Views: 25582
Size:  414.9 KB

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!

Last edited by GOLFFRR; 04-22-2014 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0