View Single Post
      08-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #42
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I find it mysterious that the uber expensive sort of special edition CS isn't a part of this then. How would that not be held to the same regulations?
Like I say, volume. Regulatory conditions often specify an average over all units, so typically you can get away with some outliers. Naturally they will attack and optimize the volume seller first. Now, as I've already alluded to, sure, this also plays conveniently into the marketing of the CS. Conspiracy? Nah, but of course the automakers are shrewd and know how to game the system to their advantage. I blame the politicians for these loopholes, because I always blame the easy target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_ADDICT View Post
This has made me sad as i was just planning to ordering an individual M4 and modifying the shit out of it but ill just get the New B9 RS5 which will have easy turbo swaps with that TT V6.
There's always one.

I can't get contrast stitching to match my wife's favorite lipstick so I am going to go buy a different car that also doesn't offer that option just to stick it to the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM32017 View Post
If it is being carried out "universally" and not for the M4 CS AND GTS it is clearly cost cutting.
Nope. Feel free to be suspicious and certainly vote with your wallet - you have that right as a consumer. But regulatory concerns are no joke, and they are relentlessly and merciless changing in favor of gradually phasing out the ICE. Prepare for PHEV to be the new turbocharging because soon the legislative bodies across the globe will see to it that it costs more to build a pure ICE car than a hybrid. But the good news is, cars keep getting quicker and quicker. There's a silver lining in everything (except a reversible jacket).
Appreciate 5
JamesGames1326.00
Jez_zza438.50
Lancelot567.50
DeeKay553.00
Biorin2784.50