01-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #99
Hans_ACS
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F01 740d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6 View Post
As you note, everyone has his own taste, but I think BMW made a mistake in not making the flared rear fenders on the E92 and F82 more like the ones on the E45. On the E46 the flare is sharper as it more closely wraps around the wheel. On the later cars the whole fender is puffed out. This is smoother and "otter sleek" as I have heard it described (and don't think I will forget?).

To my eyes the sheet metal (or plastic or carbon fiber) on performance cars looks best when tightly wrapped around wheels with an aggressive stance. Large smooth fenders just don't look tightly wrapped. Plenty of people think the Jag E-type is one of the most beautiful and elegant shapes ever, but it doesn't look well planted on the road. And I don't think the E92/F82 look as planted as the E46. My view. Which is as good or as worthless as the next.
I agree. My knowledge of English is not as advanced as you so I cannot really describe what I see 'wrong' with the rear end side of the M4, but how you describe it, pretty much sums up what I'm thinking. The rear end side of the M3 does look a lot better, more 'balanced'. On the M4, it looks odd.
Appreciate 0