View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 04:56 PM   #26
heymarkv
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

So, I told myself that I was just going to keep it OEM+… (That was also a lie)

Year 2 Update – “F*CK IT, WE BALL”

After the first year of ownership with the car, I knew that I needed to get new tires as mine were the old original tires on the car from 2017 and shot. But, I put the car away for winter and didn’t think much of it as I wouldn’t need new tires until the Spring time – which in WNY generally means late April / early May.

Also side note: I use a CTEK Lithium battery tender while the car is stored in a garage during the winter, fantastic product, simple to setup & use.

Anyways, I am obsessed with wheels, wheel fitment, and achieving a clean stance on cars. I love researching these topics and getting inspiration from others who have similar styles like mine. Younger me was all about slammed, stretched, stanced cars whereas adult me is all about Form = Function, something that looks great but also improves the car’s handling capabilities.

So, I needed tires for this upcoming season right?

I was originally looking at a set of Apex Arc-8s but I asked some local powder coaters if they could do a custom brushed finish for me, unfortunately none of them could do what I wanted. Disappointed I just continued to look around at wheels online until I stumbled upon my dream wheels.

WheelFlip had a set of Matte Black 19in Volk TE37SLs listed on their website still in stock, which I was surprised as the 19s have been discounted for a while now and Volk was currently phasing out the 18s. I knew I had to have these as these were the LAST SET IN-STOCK online new, so it was now or never.

I immediately contacted WheelFlip, confirmed that they still had them, and asked about custom finishes as Matte Black is boring and saw that they offered Triple Chrome for a better cost than what my local powder coaters were offering for just powder. I’ve had a bunch of different finishes over the years and Triple Chrome was always one that I wanted to do on a white car. Immediately placed the order with WheelFlip, went to Denver for a work trip and the suspense was killing me while I waited for these to get shipped back home to me.

Boy Math = Buying new tires for a new set of wheels because I needed the tires anyways.

I’ve bought a lot of different sets of wheels over the years in a bunch of different colors & finishes, but nothing compares to how it felt unboxing these babies, truly a surreal moment as I’ve dreamt of owning a set of these wheels ever since I was a kid. Red valve stems originally came with the wheels along with some red spoke decals, but I ordered blue Volk valve stems as I prefer blue over red. And, if you're wondering why I don't have any stickers on the wheels, I just feel like it takes away from the clean look that the triple chrome finish provides. Trust me, I've tried many different spoke decal colors, even OG stickers and no stickers just looks the cleanest imo. I won’t lie, I was a lil worried about how the rear would fit as it’s an aggressive offset meant for the E9X, not F8X but I found a couple other F8Xs running these specs online and they seemed fine. The wheels fit extremely well with only being lowered on Swift springs.

Dream Wheels on the Dream M4, I can die happy now.
Specs: Stock Michelin Pilot 4s Tire Sizes
Front: 19x9.5+21 with a 10mm spacer, effectively a +11 offset
Rear: 19x10.5+22
Attached Images

Appreciate 5