View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #84
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3

Exhaust Question

I an E93 M3 with the OEM Exhaust Mod (non-perf), which honestly sounds fantastic. I honestly hated how quiet the stock car was, especially compared to my old E46.

Here's my question: I was hoping there might be a "2 mode" exhaust that would sound louder in "Sport" mode. I'm was thinking this might be the case after hearing one of the test car videos of an M4 somewhat recently (on PCH in LA). Given that I'm not much into mechanics, can someone explain whether the "open vs closed" flaps that are mentioned in the press release refer to 2 modes (ie. Sport and Non-Sport) or simply refer to open/closed states that are automatically controlled by the car depending on how much your foot is on the gas. I'm afraid it might be the latter but I couldn't understand what they meant about the open and closed modes.

I am VERY excited about the M4, specifically convertible, especially given the weight reduction, as my E93 is a porker, especially compared to my old E46 soft top. Looking forward to trying it. I have fallen in love with my E93 M3 thanks to the OEM Exhaust Mod and appreciation of the NA V8 but I'm looking forward to trying the I-6 with that extra torque.

And a big thanks to Jason and everyone for their information/perspective!

Jeremy
Appreciate 0