07-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #111
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle
I'll throw my hat in with the low 60s and with options being a significant cost with a fully optioned one reaching the $80s.

BMW is probably going the way of Porsche with the base price not looking too bad but add in a lot of options and things get out of control.

Look at that 335 that starts in the mid $40k range and you can quickly put $15k in options if you start checking too many boxes. 25-30% of your base cost in options isn't that hard but staggering if you think about it. That's why some of these car for car comparisons are almost apples to oranges when some come standard with more features.

I thought the S4 was bad with the options cost until I looked at BMW and Porsche.
I guess one should be happy with a $60K base price...

I guess those looking for a "respectable" total like my self, I should be happy with basic options...I seriously think Nav, PDC, rear view camera would be a good place to start...

Aftermarket options might be a better place for me in terms of brakes and tire upgrade...

If I can get my car in the high $60's to low $70's, I'll be very happy....

Less than $68K will make me extremely satisfied!