12-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #15
zenohua
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3, 21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen Black View Post
I picked up my vehicle from the dealer yesterday 12/8/2020 and the ticking is completely gone. The car sounds better with the hood open or closed but this was a long process thanks to BMW NA for being thorough with the repair.

I learned a few things along the way and those are that the PuMA system no longer exists, it has been replaced by the TSARA (Technical System and Research Assistant) system. So trying to get the dealer to reference the PuMA number mentioned above may not be an option when the dealer talks to BMW NA. Each vehicle will have to open it's own TSARA case to proceed with any repair.

My 2018 M3 had a noisy lifter in cylinder 1, was the final conclusion by the service foreman. They isolated each cylinder and found the noise only occurred when cylinder 1 was operating. They replaced the lifters and rocker arms, reinstalled the exhaust camshaft and intermediate shafts, set timing and buttoned it up. Surgery complete.

The parts list on the maintenance invoice is similar to the OP but has quite a few extras for the added work completed. It was a long three weeks, but the first two were getting BMW NA to approve opening up the engine. I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem in the future.
My TSARA case #672595

MB
Happy to hear that, finally can enjoy a healthy engine!
Appreciate 2